The Europe Contract Textile Market size is expected to reach USD 4.0 billion by 2025, accelerating at a CAGR of 3.4% over the forecast period, as per a new report by Grand View Research Inc.,
The application of advanced manufacturing technologies for manufacturing contract textiles using wider looms and computerized equipment & robotics is estimated to have a positive impact on market growth.
Companies operating in this market have invested in the production of different designs and own patterns to ensure the highest level of quality and maintain stock of exclusive collection of contract fabrics.
Furthermore, efforts taken by manufacturers to comply with the EU regulations, REACH directive, and meet customer requirements are expected to drive market growth. Textile manufacturers in the region are likely to shift their focus to smaller economies owing to low labor cost and easy availability of raw materials.
Manufacturers are taking steps to minimize the environmental impact of textile production by using eco-friendly and recyclable materials. The countries in Europe are aiming toward becoming a circular economy by maximizing the use of recyclable and reusable products. The aforementioned trend is expected to have an impact on the contract textile manufacturing business.
Companies in contract fabrics industry are involved in the manufacturing of consumer-specific textiles. For instance, they design antimicrobial, stain-resistant, waterproof, fire-resistant, and highly durable fabrics for the healthcare industry. Fabrics are customized as per the spaces wherein they will be installed or used.
Furthermore, the companies are increasingly focusing on offering a wide range of designs and colors to suit workplace environments, which is resulting in improved aesthetics, functionality, and creativity in textile manufacturing sector.
- In the U.K., office spaces segment was the largest application segment for contract textiles in 2018 with a market share of 32.3% owing to the presence of numerous IT and management companies in the country
- The revenue generated by the contract textile industry through healthcare segment stood at USD 786.8 million in 2018 owing to high demand for curtain and window coverings in hospitals and nursing homes
- Hotels, Restaurants, and Cafes (HORECA) segment in Europe is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 3.1% over the projected period on account of increasing tourism in the western European countries
- In Germany contract textile market, majority of the revenue generated by office spaces segment was derived through seating products such as chairs, sofas, and benches
- Industry players are involved in long-term contract with textile manufacturers to maintain smooth production and supply chain to meet specific end-user demand.
Request a free sample copy or Buy full report click HERE