The CableCorder CC5 is a winning further development
Saurer can celebrate the 30th anniversary of its CableCorder with impressive figures. With more than 1 900 CableCorders sold, around 270 000 spindles have been put into operation in the last 30 years. The CableCorder for production of high-quality tire cord is a permanent fixture in the tire industry. The fifth generation of the CableCorder will appeal to customers with numerous innovations. It provides Saurer’s customers with decisive competitive advantages: they benefit from higher efficiency, lower energy consumption, a smart spindle concept, modern quality monitoring, improved ergonomics, flexible automation solutions and the integration of the CableCorder into Senses, the Saurer mill management system.
Energy, productivity, quality
Saurer has further improved the patented energy-saving technology of the latest machine generation with new hardware and optimised software. The CableCorder CC5 is therefore more economical than ever.
The optimised thread balloon diameter and reduced spindle gauge cut down space requirements and increase productivity. Online monitoring of the quality parameters reliably ensures the required quality of the tire cord. User-friendly and intelligently automated new machine components and an optimum thread path enable extremely straightforward operation and process reliability. Intelligent automation solutions increase the efficiency of package transport.
In addition to the basic CC5 version, the new CableCorder is also available in the CC5-TFO version for production of yarns in the two-for-one twisting process and as the CC5-3PLY version for production of symmetrical 3-ply tire cord.
Key features of the CableCorder CC5
– Reduced spindle gauge due to optimised thread balloon diameter
– Further energy savings as a consequence of the adapted spindle pot geometry
– Sensor-based control system for compliance with quality parameters
– Integration into Senses, the mill management system, for monitoring and evaluating production data
– Servo-assisted creel, new thread guide elements and new Cord Regulator for greater user-friendliness
– CC5-TFO variant for production of yarns in the two-for-one twisting process and CC5-3PLY variant for production of symmetrical triple tire cord.