Abu Dhabi Sustainability Group (ADSG), announces the launch of the 7th annual Abu Dhabi Sustainable Business Leadership Awards 2021
The Abu Dhabi Sustainability Group (ADSG), supported by the Environment Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD), today announced the launch of its annual Abu Dhabi Sustainable Business Leadership Awards, with the closing date for awards applications at midnight on 5 October, 2021.
Top organisations from across the region are invited to submit entries across the following award categories:
- Best Sustainability Initiative Award
- Best Sustainability Report Award
- Best Sustainability Communication Programme Award
- Sustainability Manager of the Year Award
- Sustainability Leader of the Year Award
- Best Energy Management Initiative Award
As part of the mission of the ADSG, these awards are another manifestation of the Group’s commitment to knowledge sharing aimed at improving sustainability performance. These awards will recognise organisations who have demonstrated sustainability impact to ensure an environmentally and socially resilient economy.
The awards’ Independent Expert Judges Panel will be looking for organisations and individuals who demonstrate commitment, impact, leadership, and achievements for sustainability. The awards entries must highlight the organisation’s achievements during the calendar years 2020/21 (January 2020- June 2021) for a period of 18 months.
This year’s independent expert panel of judges are:
- Mercedes Vela Monserrate, Head of Sustainable Finance, Abu Dhabi Global Markets, United Arab Emirates.
- Ibrahim Al-Zu’bi, Chief Sustainability Officer at Majid Al Futtaim-Holding, United Arab Emirates.
- Dr Jenny Davidson, Senior Lecturer, Leadership Development and Organisation Futures, New Castle University, United Kingdom.
- Abdullatif N. Albitaw, Secretary General and Honorary Vice Chair of Energy Institute Middle East Branch
- Piotr Konopka, Senior Manager at DP World, Board Member of the Energy Institute ME and Vice Chair of the Young Professionals Network
The awards winners will be revealed at an online event which will also feature a high-level keynote speech titled: Tomorrow’s New Narrative inspired by Nature.
“We invite organisations to participate in these awards, not only for them to be recognised for their efforts, but also to demonstrate their leadership as they transform the economy by building a more sustainable future and so that they can share their learning more widely across the region,” said Huda Al Houqani, Director, Abu Dhabi Sustainability Group.
About the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Group (ADSG)
The Abu Dhabi Sustainability Group (ADSG) is a membership initiative whose mission is to promote sustainability management in Abu Dhabi by providing learning and knowledge sharing opportunities for government, private companies and not for profit organisations in a spirit of cooperation and open dialogue. The ADSG was set up by EAD in 2008, as a forum of members who have signed the ADSG Declaration, committing to adopt best practices of sustainability management and reporting and to actively participate in ADSG activities. The ADSG is open to new members willing to practice and champion sustainability in Abu Dhabi in a spirit of cooperation and open dialogue .