The current market of the Kuwait textile industry is a growing market. As a member of the Gulf Cooperation Council, Kuwait is subject to common trade laws. Kuwait enacted a customs law in 2003 to help domestic trade and Kuwait textile industry, which imposes high taxes on imported textiles. Also, to maintain regional ethics, the import of some textile products is prohibited.
To strengthen the Kuwait textile industry, there are a large number of textile companies in Kuwait. Most of their productions are leather and fabrics used for ethnic clothing. Other Kuwaiti fabrics include silk fabrics, 100% cotton clothes, polyester fabrics, woven fabrics of polyester and cotton, linen fabrics, soy protein woven fabrics, and nylon fabrics. You may think that the Kuwaiti textile industry is not big, but this market has a lot of potentials that can produce many products with very good quality.
In the survey of the Textile and Garment Industry in Kuwait, we see that the Kuwaiti clothing market and Kuwait textile industry, due to its population and local use, is in great need of textiles in various designs and textures.
Due to the high per capita wealth of this country, people wear all kinds of clothes and the use of textiles is very high in Kuwait. The people of Kuwait are famous in the world for wearing clothes made of high-quality fabrics.
Kuwait Textile Industry
What are the problems of the Kuwait Textile Industry?
The most important problems in the way of production in the Kuwaiti textile industry are:
• One of the most important technical factors affecting the production of textiles is the quantity and quality of spinning and weaving machines.
• For the Kuwait textile industry to thrive investment in the garment industry must be increased and advanced sewing machines must be used.
• Not all raw materials are produced domestically and must be imported, so the government must support domestic producers.
• For the employees of the garment industry centers, a suitable workplace with standard issues should be considered. The responsible organizations should be paid to the welfare issues of the employees and their protection from the adverse effects of the work environment.
• By creating training courses for employees, their talents and abilities should be developed.
What are the products of the Kuwait Textile Industry?
The most widely used types of clothing in Kuwait include women’s clothing, scarves, and traditional men’s clothing. Some types of clothing that are currently produced in the Kuwait textile industry are not of high quality in terms of design, color stability, and fabric. Customers buying clothes in Kuwait attach great importance to the quality of clothing.
Garment importers also prefer to deal with quality foreign companies so that they can establish long-term business relationships with them, and they do not like one-time business relationships. Some manufacturers have a lot of annual production that they need to reduce their selling prices to attract customers. Kuwait imports a lot of clothing from China, Korea, and Japan. This country has always been a significant market for textile and clothing manufacturers.
The Kuwait textile industry has been successful over time. Although their raw materials are limited, they have been able to produce quality products and enter the global market of the textile industry. Kuwaiti textiles are reasonably priced, which local and global consumers can buy. Kuwaiti textile industry in competition with other manufacturers seeks to gain more market share in the world.
What are the export and import values in the Kuwaiti textile industry?
Export and Import Statistics of Kuwait Textile and Garment Industry are shown in two tables. In the table below you can see the list of the top ten countries to which Kuwait exports textiles:
In the table below, you can see the list of the top ten countries in the world that import to Kuwait and supply Kuwaiti textiles:
Who are the top producers of the Kuwait textile industry?
The top manufacturers of the Kuwait textile industry are:
• Gulf Springs Company is located in Kuwait and exports ready-made garments and sportswear to various countries in the world. The products of this company are high-quality cotton clothes. The types of services that the company provides include the sale of clothing, the production of branded clothing, the export of produced clothing, the production of men’s and women’s clothing, and the textile trade.
Kuwaiti women traditional dress
• Protiviti Company, located in Kuwait, is one of the famous companies in the field of production and supply of high-quality clothing. The company offers services in the garment industry such as wholesale clothing production, fashion clothing production, children’s clothing, and women’s clothing.
• Aziz & Ikram Company offers the production of major types of clothing at a very low cost in Kuwait. The company’s services include a fabric factory, a wholesaler of baby clothes, fashion clothes, and branded clothes.
• Albaidaa is a garment manufacturer and trader in the Kuwait textile industry. The main specialty of the company is the production of clothes with stylish designs that are offered in a variety of underwear, shirts, T-shirts, pants, cotton pants, and women’s pants. The company’s services are in the field of wholesale clothing, production of stylish and modern fabrics, production of shirts, and production of men’s clothing.
• Montana General Trading Company is a manufacturer of wholesale and retail clothing in Kuwait. The main services of this company include a wholesale supply of children’s clothing, menswear, brand clothing production, and wholesale clothing.