TCL2019 ; 14-15 March 2019, Berlin, Germany
The 2019 edition of the highly acclaimed International Conference on Textile Coating and Laminating will be held on 14-15 March 2019 at the Novotel Berlin Am Tiergarten, Berlin, Germany.
The conference will focus on areas of high impact and growth potential, for example smart and intelligent textile coatings and laminates, digital printing and coatings, substrates and coated nonwovens.
Now in its 27th year, this will be the 19th in this established conference series which has become one of the most important meeting places for the global textiles coating and laminating industry. Previously attending companies can be found on the conference website, where other details can also be located.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The core of the conference programme will be presentations by invited experts, but in order to give an opportunity for anyone with exciting and relevant ideas to present to a high-level international audience, a call for papers is being issued for contributions in the following areas, with emphasis on work that will impact the industry, now and in the future. Suggested topics include the following:
- new developments in machinery and techniques such as bonding systems, developments in polymers, surface modifications, techniques for extreme properties etc.
• smart textile coatings and laminates
• technology for growth, eg nanotechnology, antimicrobial/antibacterial, green technology, developments in self-decontaminating etc.
• growth markets and applications such as solar/thermal, fuel cells, composites, medical/biotechnology, extreme materials etc.
• environmental issues
• disruptive technology – new developments that will potentially change the industry, such as digital printing, graphene and nanotechnology in membranes, and alternatives for PVC etc.
Abstracts submitted for review should be 300-500 words. Selection of the papers to be presented will be based on ideas and concepts that emphasize new and significant findings and developments that will have an impact on the coating and laminating industry.
Abstracts must be received before 14 September 2018 – the earlier the better
Speakers accepted by way of the Call for Papers will be eligible for a 50% discount on the registration admission fee. Speakers are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses.
The abstract must include the name, company or other affiliation, telephone number, email and mailing address of the speaker and/or the person to whom correspondence about the abstract should be directed. Only one speaker per presentation will be allowed, though co-authors may be listed. The speaker for the paper should be indicated. Papers should be as generic and non-commercial as practical, with names of companies kept to a minimum.
Last year’s conference was highly successful, with very good feedback and comments from delegates, exhibitors and speakers. 96% of attendees rated the meeting good or excellent. Comments included:
- “Excellent speakers for an agenda focusing on innovation and future-oriented topics, high-calibre delegates from all over the world. With the 2017 edition, International Newsletters proved their leadership position as knowledge mediator for the segment of coated and laminated textiles – with all various facets involved.”
- “I found the presentations very informative and delivered in a professional manner which led onto interesting discussions. It was a great opportunity to catch up with colleagues from the industry and I also made a number of excellent new contacts over the 2 days. The conference was very well organised from start to finish and the choice of hotel venue was first class. I would definitely consider attending this event again.”
- “I have really enjoyed the event and found the whole organization perfect. The presented papers were on high level and there was also a good feedback from the auditorium.”
- “Thanks once more for a well organised TCL event. I personally found the speakers to be of a high calibre and I have again made a number of new contacts in our industry.”
- “The event was well organised and we managed to network and engage with a number of existing and potential clients focused in our industry.”
(see website for more comments).
The venue hotel is the Novotel Berlin Am Tiergarten, Berlin, Germany, which has excellent conference facilities. The hotel’s central location makes it ideal for exploring historical Berlin. Tegel Airport is a 15 minute drive away.