Intex South Asia provides a one-stop comprehensive sourcing & trading platform for global apparel manufactures, international sourcing & buying offices, buying houses, apparel brands & retailers, etc. who are constantly looking to source yarns, apparel & denim fabrics, clothing accessories, dyes & chemicals and allied services from quality suppliers across the world. Since its launch in 2015, Intex South Asia has successfully connected with professional trade buyers and suppliers from more than 30 countries and regions with an excellent growth of 67% international buyer growth and 46% in exhibitor’s year-on year basis making it the biggest and only international textile sourcing show of South Asia region. This year, we expect more than 250 suppliers from 15 countries and region to exhibit and showcase their latest textile innovations to the leading buyers from South Asia and other international markets.
- 250+ suppliers from 20+ countries and region
- Exhibiting Countries – India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, Taiwan, Vietnam, Hong Kong, China, Korea, Thailand, UK, Australia and more
- Fashion Fiesta – Networking Cocktail and Fashion Show (on 14 November @ Taj Samudra)
- Interactive Business Forum and Workshop
- VIP Platinum Lounge
- International Media Corner
- Across the board promotion of your textile products and services through different channels and mediums
Why Intex South Asia?
- A one-stop-shop for buyers to view textile products and services from around the world
- Supply raw materials to Sri Lanka and take advantage of regional cumulation for GSP+ benefit
- Connect and Network with the leading companies from Sri Lanka (Export / Domestic Apparel market)
- Re-inforce business with existing customers
- Meet local agents and buyers looking for new suppliers
- Explore trade and investment opportunities in South Asia
- Research and compare pricing during the event
- Interact with other industry professionals and media
Overview of Apparel industry of Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka has become a world class apparel manufacturer supplying to global super brands for over three decades.
- The total value of exports in the apparel sector was US $ 4675Mn in the year 2016.
- Sri Lanka imported fabrics of almost USD 2,296 million in 2015.
- Sri Lanka is the world’s number one ethical apparel sourcing destination. The industry upholds high ethical practices, eschews child and forced labor thus being known to the world as a producer of “Garments without Guilt’. The apparel industry in Sri Lanka has also won many awards for green manufacturing.
- USA and UK are the top markets for Sri Lankan apparel through-out the decades. Sri Lanka has GSP+ facility for its exports in to the EU which cover 28 markets.
- Sri Lankan apparel companies manufacture sportswear, lingerie, lounge wear, bridal wear, work wear, swimwear and children’s wear.
- The industry possesses an impressive partnership portfolio which includes world renowned labels such as Victoria’s Secret, Gap, Liz Claiborne, Next, Jones NewYork, Nike, Tommy Hilfiger, Pink, Triumph, Ann Taylor, Speedo, Abercrombie & Fitch, Land’s End, Marks & Spencer and Intimissi to name a few.
Apparel manufacturers, Apparel exporters, Apparel brands, Apparel retailers, Apparel e-tailers, Apparel buying houses, Apparel sourcing offices, Buying agents, Textile manufacturers, Merchant Exporters, Textile importers, Indenting agents, Textile trading houses, etc.
Few of Our Past Buyers’
Debenhams, Regal Calibre, Orchestra, Decathlon, Dewhirst, Speedo, Marks & Spencer, Columbia Sportswear, Tesco, Next, George ASDA, Victoria’s Secret, L Brands, Levi’s, MGF Sourcing, Asmara International, Li & Fung, William E. Conner’s & Associates, Adeem Uniform, Wag Worthy, Brandix, MAS, Hiradamani, Timex Garments, Omega Line Ltd, Crystal Martin, Star Garments, Emjay International, MAST Far East, EAM Maliban, Vogue Tex, Hela Clothing, Lucky Industries, Ocean Lanka, Hayley’s, MAS Linea Aqua, JB Apparel, Smarts Shirts, Concord Apparels, Orient Designs, BAM Holdings, Garment Services Lanka Ltd, Avirate, LICC, Azmorr, Hameedia, Emerald, Dilly Carlo, Reborn, Odel, Fashion Bug, NOLIMIT, Double XL, Cotton Collection, BASICS, Arugam Bay, House of Lonali’s, Rough, Akiy Tees, SaSa Lingeries, Bernards, Lovi Ceylon, Trendy, Rainco, Interloop Pakistan, 3 Squids Australia, PVH India, E-Land World Ltd Korea, Queens Asia International Hong Kong, Herma Ltd Hong Kong, Tessitura Monti Italy, TWINSET S.p.A. Italy and many more.
Intex South Asia’s Fashion Fiesta – an exclusive networking reception and Fashion Show will be organised on 15th November, 2018 at a 5-star hotel in Colombo. This is your exclusive opportunity to launch or publicize your latest textile collection in form of garments through a ‘Fashion Show’ to an august gathering of more than 600 industry leaders, VIP Buyers from Sri Lanka and other international markets, Top Diplomats, Heads of Trade Associations and Chambers of Commerce, etc. who would be present for the event. Last year, companies such as Taiwan Textile Federation, The Woolmark Company, Reliance Industries, BFRL, etc. unveiled their latest offerings to the who’s who of the apparel and textile industry of our region.
Date: 14 November, 2018 (Wednesday)
Venue: Grand Marquee@ North Lawn, Taj Samudra Colombo
Timings: 6:30 pm onwards
For more information and booking your space contact us :
International Sales Dep.