Home / All / Exhibition news / Algeria hosts The International Fair of Textile and Fashion in CCO Oran

Algeria hosts The International Fair of Textile and Fashion in CCO Oran

An interview with Insaf Choual  / “Textyle-Expo” Project manager 

By: Mahboobeh Ghayedi / Kohan Textile Journal


1) Please let us know about your textile show in Algeria?

After the success of its First Edition 2017, The International Fair of Textile and Fashion “Textyle-Expo”, will be organized from 25 to 28 April 2018 in CCO Oran, Algeria for a second edition under the high patronage of Mister the Minister of Industry and Mines gathering national and international professional actors of Textile and Fashion sector.


2)Could you please update us more about Algeria textile industry? What is advantages and potentials about this market?

The Textile and Clothing market in Algeria represents about 500 million linear meters, the needs are around 150 million items annually, while the national sector covers only 6% of these needs and the rest is invaded at 94 % by import. According to statisticians, the sector is growing by 11.1% in 2015 after falling by -0.3% in 2014.

However, the Textile sector has enormous potentialities that must be exploited to revitalize this sector, regain the internal market and take advantage of its Mediterranean position, the unused space and the young active workforce.

The Textile sector is a strategic subsidiary with a strong future, with a powerful potential to reach a total of 2 billion euro of Textile and Clothing exports by 2022 according to statistics and plans proposed by the experts in the sector.

3)  What is your expectation for this year in the aspect of visitor and exhibitors?

With more 10000 visitors expected at the show, “Textyle-Expo” targets primarily textile and fashion
professionals such asdecision-makerss, business leaders, technical and sales directors, production
managers, stylists and designers, investors, entrepreneurs, bankers, project developers … etc.
The wide range of products displayed by the 150 expected exhibitors will be beneficial to the visitors of“Textyle-Expo”.


4)Do you have any coincide events besides this show? Like seminars, workshops …

In parallel of the exhibition which ranges the different sectors “Raw Materials, Machinery and Process, Design, Ready to Wear, House Linen, Tapestry and Accessories” conferences will be organized by national and international master speakers and also a Fashion Show to present the latest collections of Algerian and Foreign designers.


5)What do you think about textile industry in North Africa and MENA Region? İs it a good choice for investment and business development?

the Algerian government works to boost the textile sector and encourages partnerships for the private and public sectors. but the most important the Algerian market research and develop textile raw material like fabric and yarn, home textiles and technical textiles, ready to wear, especially that this area recognizes a high consumption in Algeria.


if you are interested in booking your space or get more information about this event please contact us :

Middle East Sales Office : 

Tel: +982177245780
Fax: +982177243296
Tehran – P.O.Box 16765-465



About Kohan Journal

Kohan Textile Journal is the leading magazine for the Textile industry, Textile machinery, Synthetic Fibers and Nonwovens in MENA region (the Middle East and North Africa) and is published every two months. It basically emphasizes on textile machinery, textile products, carpet and synthetic fibres distributed among the factories, manufacturers, and traders of floorcovering industries.l

Check Also

Rieter Group - ITMA 2019

Rieter Group awarded large contract from Egypt at the ITMA 2019

Rieter Group has signed contracts with the Cotton & Textile Industries Holding Company, Cairo (Egypt), …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected!!